Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Stapler of the Week Archive: Swingline 4P

Swingline 4P steel grey finish

Swingline 4P steel two tone grey finish


In a recent correspondence, a friend of the Stapler of the Week shared photos of his father's beautiful chrome Parrot Speed Fastener 4P.  Parrot Speed Fastener became Speed Products and later Swingline.  In sharing what I knew about his stapler, I realized I had not yet featured my own collection's examples, although I had previously featured their companion stapler, the smaller Swingline 3P.  The 4P is the plier version of the Swingline No.4  minus the streamlined "sphinx paw" base.  This ingenious design adaptation took parts assembled at the beginning of the line and transformed a desktop stapler into one that fits comfortably in the hand.  Perhaps this innovation did not inure them to the folks in the desk industry.  I particularly enjoy the version with the finger guard.

Excerpt from the Stapler of the Week, April 29, 2020.

No comments: