Thursday, January 17, 2008

Stapler of the Week Archive- Neva Clog DT-30

Neva Clog DT-30 aluminum & steel

This Neva Clog has been on my wish-list since I found out it existed. Although, I could say that about every new stapler I learn about. The DT-30 design is very interesting in contrast to the other Neva Clog models. Its combination of aluminum & steel suggest a design toward a light yet strong stapler. If the 'Gator' were made of the same gauge steel as the other Neva Clog plier staplers, it might prove to be a bit heavy to use. I think about G. Halvarsen, using this stapler, and wonder what he might have been fastening. An internet search turned up a 1955 instructional document from the Philco Corporation that specifically called for the DT-30 in the assembly of their Apple receiver. I don't know if G. Halvarsen worked on early color television technology, but thanks to him, I have a great example of this stapling pliers.


Excerpt from The Stapler of the Week, January 17, 2008.

No comments: