Friday, May 28, 2010

Stapler of the Week Archive- ACCO 131 Frankenstapler

ACCO 131 steel, plastic

This stapler is one example of why I love my job.  On occasion, staplers get broken and they come to the workroom to be mended by the "Fiddler."  Usually it's only a staple jam or a slight adjustment, but sometimes greater measures are required as evident in the repairs needed by this patient.  Apparently, plastic was not the best design choice for the handle of a heavy duty stapler.  Maybe someone tried to staple one too many sheets of paper but in any case, this stapler was very close to making a trip to the dumpster.  With the addition of two mending plates, some machine screws, a bit of paint and some thumb tacks, this ACCO 131 was reborn as Frankenstapler.  There's no telling what's next in Frankenstapler's future, it's already mended the sandal of one research assistant.

Excerpt from the Stapler of the Week, May 28, 2010.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem- plastic piece is broken off. Had it for 30+ years. Hate to toss it.

Anonymous said...

I have been a stapler enthusiast for the past twenty years. Thanks for providing this wonderful collection of your beautiful fasteners. I hope to have a similar collection soon.

Young William

PS: I currently own a McGill Vintage and love it!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi there, I have a Mcgill 75 stapler in my collection. If you have one in your collection, could you please email a photograph showing the plate around the stapling head. I bought one on ebay and it is missing this plate. I would like to make one, but do not know what it should look like.
I would be most grateful if you could. Bob Ward
bob.athome@virgin.net

Makayla said...

This article your very interesting.
Thank you for giving me more information.
click here now