Monday, May 17, 2010

Stapler of the Week Archive- Nalclip Clip Niceler

Nalclip Clip Niceler plastic Nalclips steel black finish

Nalclip Clip Niceler box printed cardboard

My father in-law finds some very interesting things in his travels.  Although the clip niceler is not a stapler, it holds your paper together with metal nalclips which are similar to binder clips minus the arms for removal.  The nalclip is known by many aliases such as the Gachuck, Clam Clip, Paper Clamp, Supaclip, Super Clip, Magic Clipper or the Paper Shark.  As many names as there are for the nalclip, each uses the basic principle of a c-shaped steel clip that produces a pinch-point to hold the paper.  In operating the clip niceler, the nalclip slides over a pair of wedges on each side and opens allowing the paper to enter in and finally pinches as the nalclip exits the clip niceler.

The nalclip is pretty amazing in the fact that it causes little damage to the paper and is entirely reusable.  It does leave something to be desired in the operational experience.  The act of repeatedly applying nalclips feels a bit unnatural and would surely lead to carpal tunnel problems.  But I suppose it all comes down to personal preference.  I myself would choose the plunger-style buzzers of the Price is Right over the thumb-button trigger of the Jeopardy anyday.

nalclips advertisement

Excerpt from the Stapler of the Week, May 17, 2010.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy to see new posts here!
--akb427

Anonymous said...

I am still using my 2 nal clip devices that I have had for over 20 years. And I am STILL reusing the original clips, from NAL CLIP INDUSTRY CO. LTD. out of Tokyo, Japan. I suspect they are the oritinators of the tool, but I have no basis for that other than the age of my devices. To this day I have not found a better way to organize as few as 2 and easily up to as many as 35 sheets of 20# paper. I have many projects and reports coprised of multiple NAL CLIP bouund bundles secured with a large binder clip that can be neatly stored and organized for furture reference, leaving no trace of staple holes if you have to make photocopies. Love 'Em! - JBD

Anonymous said...

I, too, am using "Clip Niceler" 16-88 Japan that I've had for over 22 years. Thank goodness the clips can be found at Office Depot. I ordered a quantity imprinted with my business name and phone number. Still have about 5/6 left. And, the clips can be re-used when discarding papers no longer needed. Don't know why every office doesn't use these. Much easier to use than metal prong clips.