Monday, November 2, 2009

Stapler of the Week Archive-Apsco 3003 & 4004

Apsco 3003 chrome and hammered gray finish



Apsco 4004 chrome and hammered gray finish


Here are two more models from the Apsco line. Each has the same sleek design as the Apsco 2002 featured September 14, 2008.  The 3003 is a smaller version of the 2002, retaining the austere Scandinavian design of the "deluxe executive" model yet scaled to fit the proportionately smaller surface area of the non-"deluxe executive" desk.  This in contrast to the recently featured Swingline No. 3 which is really only  a shorter version of the No. 4.  The 4004 is the "dual-purpose" model, for use as a plier, tacker or desktop stapler.  Two more examples that fall under the "great things come from Sweden" category.

Excerpt from the Stapler of the Week, November 2, 2009.

5 comments:

Naomi said...

We can definitely thank Sweden for this little stapler. I was given this Apsco 4004 from my grandma a couple years back, and it has absolutely never broken or fallen apart or anything! Its also just adorable :)

Miss Kitty said...

Actually, my office has a couple of these. Very heavy-duty and reliable.

Anonymous said...

This must be the first time I have googled the model of a stapler because I appreciated it so much. I can't believe this blog exists. There is hope after all... ?

Anonymous said...

I teach high school. I have a never ending battle with even brand new out of the box staplers. Jams and clunky operation. I was digging through a old (1957) teachers desk that I rescued from going into the dumpster. In the bottom drawer in the back was a Model 3003. It worked fantastic. Smooth and powerful. I thought that it was the old school staples. When they ran out I was bummed. Tried some new ones and viola, they worked just as good. Woe unto the person who tries to borrow it.

Used PC Dealer said...

Nice Blog Post !