Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Stapler of the Week Archive - Tatum T-155 "Little Buddy"

Tatum T-155 "Little Buddy" gun metal grey and chrome metal


The Tatum T-155 or "Little Buddy" came to me in a lot of staplers. I must admit I was not at first impressed by it. Produced by the Wilson Jones Co. (now owned by ACCO brands), the "Little Buddy" was in production from 1951 to 1965 as indicated through patent research by the Stapler Exchange. This model is, however, excessively unremarkable when compared with the Tatum Aluminum Stapler. I would have to agree that that model is "highly sought after." But as my wife and I tighten our belts, I won't be doing any stapler-seeking on the caliber on the level of the Tatum Aluminum Stapler.

So, it'll be the "Little Buddy" for me.

Excerpt from the Stapler of the Week archive, April 19, 2007.

6 comments:

CGP-Cincinnati said...

I LOVE MY TATUM T-155!!! How can you say it is unremarkable? They don't make them like this anymore. And I have the original box of staplers that was bought with it :-)

TommyWillB said...

Mine has that model number on the bottom, but has a bunch of differences from the one in your picture. The main visual diffences is that mine says "Tatum Buddy" on the side where as your only says "Tatum". The main functional difference is that there is a plate that slides to make the staples bend in or out. I'm guessing this is a later model from yours.

Mine really isn't a very good stapler. It fails to bend one leg of staple 65% of the time. I almost never get something stapled right the first try.

Sue said...

I inherited mine from my dad and it's been my favorite! It's worked for me through thick and thin. I didn't notice that it had the movable plate that allowed the staples to turn out or in. Thanks for that tip! (although I'm not quite sure why you'd want staples to turn out...)

Rai Sue said...

I love mine--I think it is very simple yet I love the lines, and the finishing on the metal. (I have to say, it was only $3 at a thrift store, so if i were to complain I'd feel like I was disrespecting a bargain.) So far, it works well and looks nice on the desk. It is the same model pictured--no Buddy, and no plate to make the staples bend out.

Anonymous said...

I have a "Tatum Buddy" T-155 that was handed down to me. About one-fourth of the paint is worn off so it has seen some use yet still functions like a champ. No sliding plate, just a low angle "W" machined or stamped into base plate to bend the staple. Clearly stamped "Made IN USA" on the bottom. Use it all the time and it's my favorite.

Anonymous said...

I picked one up for .99 cents at the Goodwill. I chose it because it looked old and knocked around and less likely that someone will take it off of my desk....I love it so far.....