Saturday, May 10, 2008

Stapler of the Week Archive- Neva Clog Junior

Neva Clog Junior chrome finish, made in Germany

This was a Neva Clog model I didn't know existed. I was excited when I came across it grouped in an auction lot with a Sargent & Co wire cutter and a W Schollhorn Co eyelet setter. Of course, I was doubly excited when these items introduced me to an additional world of tools. But, don't worry, my stapler budget does not allow me to branch out into the cut-throat world of tool collectors.

The Junior only adds to the
mysterious German origin of some Neva Clog staplers. It's design is similar to the German B-100 featured in the Stapler of the Week on February 7, 2008. The Junior jaw opening places it in the same category as the S-100 series. I'm uncertain for what intended use such a model was designed. The shorter handles decrease it's stapling leverage and, as a result, sheet or stapled-material capacity. Once again, the Neva Clog saga continues.

1 comment:

John Barnes said...

Do you have any idea which staples will work in the Neva-clog Junior? I bought one at a yard sale about 3 years ago, and it is a fantastic little stapler. However, it only came with about a dozen staples in it....